What is Marriage?
The Sacrament of Matrimony establishes a holy covenant among three: one man, one woman, and God himself.
Through God the Father, marriage irrevocably joins the man and woman as one flesh, thereby making them stewards of God's unitive and creative power.
Through the Son of the Father, marriage receives the dignity of a sacrament, becoming a reflection of the ever-faithful bridegroom, who loves, forgives, and lays down his life for his bride, the Church.
Through the Holy Spirit, marriage unites man and woman in an indissoluble communion of life and love.
National Marriage Week - February 7 - 14 each year
Within this week, World Marriage Day is always observed on the second Sunday in February. In 2022, World Marriage Sunday is Sunday, February 13 and the theme for this week is Marriage: Called to the Joy of Love.
1. FAQs: Common questions about Catholic marriage.
2. Stages: All healthy marriages experience changes and transitions.
3. Prep: Marriage preparation is offered around the diocese. Talk with the parish where hope to get married about current options.
4. Planning a Catholic wedding requires careful consideration.
5. Natural Family Planning: Natural Family Planning (NFP) is a safe and effective approach for couples.
6. Newsletter: Foundations is an occasional newsletter for married couples
8. Help for Stuggling Marriages: Retrouvaille New England